Sunny orange pancakes with sweet syrup are extremely tasty. Eat them for breakfast and enjoy another good day!
· Flour – 3/4 cup
· Eggs – 3 pieces
· Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
· Orange – 1 piece
· Milk – 1 cup
For the syrup:
· Water – 1 tbsp.
· Sugar – 1/2 cup
· Fresh orange juice – 3/4 cup
· Cointreau, rum or cognac – 1 tbsp. (optionally)
1. Peel orange and grate its skin.
2. Mix grated peel with the rest of liquid ingredients. Sift the flour through the sieve and add it into the bowl. Make smooth dough and put it into the fridge for half an hour.
3. Preheat the frying pan. Pour vegetable oil into small plate. Soak paper napkin in it and lubricate frying pan with it. Fry pancakes from both sides. Time of cooking depends on your pan.
4. Now cook the syrup. Fill small pan with sugar and oil. Put it on the fire and boil until sugar melts.
It should caramelize. Then add juice and cook for several more minutes. Caramel should melt as well. Take the pan off the fire and pour this syrup into the plate. I also recommend you to wash the pan immediately. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to get rid of caramelized sugar.
5. Put pancakes on the plate. Decorate them with syrup and oranges.
6. Start eating this hot and fragrant dish.