Though avocado is a fruit, it tastes great in combination with seafood, cheese and even meat. Today I want to share with you one interesting recipe of salad with shrimp and avocado. It is easy to cook this dish. However, you’ll be surprised with the result of your work. Salad in avocado “boat” looks great. Your friends will love such an unusual aperitif!
· Avocado – 2 pieces
· Boiled shrimp – 1 and ¼ cup
· Tartar sauce – 2 tbsp.
· Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
· Green onion – 3 pieces
· Salt, pepper, spices – to taste.
1. First, prepare shrimps. If they are fresh, you need to wash them and boil in water with lemon juice. Usually it takes about 3 minutes. The bigger your shrimp are, the more time you’ll spend on cooking. Do not cook them for too long for the meat not to be hard.
2. Cut avocado in half. Be careful not to damage the skin. You need to choose ripe avocados. They have to be heavy and “plastic”. It’s easy to peel them. Get rid of the pit and scrape away the pulp. Leave the skin untouched. Later you’ll use it as a plate. I recommend you to cut the pulp into cubes. Put these cubes into the bowl together with boiled shrimp and Tartar sauce. Sprinkle everything with the lemon juice. Add salt, pepper and your favourite spices.
4. Mix everything well and fill avocado skin with this delicious salad. Decorate everything with green onion. You may also add more sauce or decorate this dish with lemon slices.
Bon Appetite !