Tasty Fig Pie in the Oven
Fresh fig pie is traditionally baked during Christmas days. Still, you can treat yourself with such a pastry pastry - desc learn more... any time you like. All you need is to follow the recipe.
Total calories in the prepared dish
- Take a large bowl. Add 3 tbsp of the flour, sugar, dry yeast and a pinch of salt. Pour in a cup of warm water. Mix everything carefully.
- Leave the bowl with batter in the warm place for a half an hour.
- Now add the rest of the flour and melted butter.
- Stir in vanilla and cinnamon to taste. Form a tight ball and wrap it carefully. Leave it in the warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cover the tray with baking paper.
- Take the dough and cut it into 2 pieces. Flatten the first one and transfer it to the tray. Form the edges carefully.
- Cut fresh firs into thin slices and add them to the form with the pie.
- Flatten another half of the dough and cover everything with this layer.
- Bake your pie in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. When you`re done, dust it with sugar powder and leave it to cool down.
Serve this pie with whipped cream, ice cream or fresh mashed figs. Each version of this meal is very tasty. Bon Appetit!