Red Velvet: Classical Homemade Cake
Gorgeous festive Red Velvet cake is amazingly tasty and tender. You may cook it at home, following our instructions. Here is a traditional recipe of yummy cake with cream cheese.
Total calories in the prepared dish
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, powder, and cocoa) in the bowl until smooth.
- Use a mixer to whip butter and sugar. Then add eggs (one by one). Mix everything carefully. Then add salt and vanilla. Slowly add oil into the bowl and continue mixing this mass.
- Add 2 teaspoons of gel food dye into the bowl with yogurt. When it has a red color, add it into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing.
- You`ll have a good-looking red dough. It should have the same color after baking. Cover the form with baking paper and cook this cake for 30-40 minutes at 356 degrees.
- If the form is big enough, you`ll easily cope with this process. If it`s too small, divide the dough and cook two layers.
- Stick the dough with the toothpick to check whether it`s ready. If everything is okay, take the cake out of the oven.
- Leave this cake to cool down. Then cover it with plastic wrap and leave for 2-10 hours in the fridge. Then cut each layer in two, using a thread or hot knife.
- Now it`s time to cook cream cheese. It will be used for covering all the layers and the top of this cake.
- We`ll cook traditional cream. You`ll need to take warm butter and very cold cream cheese.
- Whip melted butter, using mixer and slowly adding sugar powder into the bowl. This mass should become white at the end.
- Slowly add vanilla and cold cream cheese. Whip everything well. The more you whip, the softer will be this mass, as cold cheese becomes warmer.
- For the cream not to spoil the structure of the cake, put it into the fridge for a half an hour.
- If you like, you may add meshed berries into the bowl with this cream to change the fragrant and color.
- Cut off the edges of the cake and make them smoother. Do not get rid of these leftovers, you may use them for decorating the cake. Lubricate all the layers and edges with cream cheese.
- Decorate it with red crumbs. As you can see on the picture, you may experiment with decoration, leaving empty spaces.
- Fill this empty space with the rest of cream. Use pastry bag to form white flowers.
- When the cake is ready, put this gorgeous dessert into the fridge for 5 hours.
It looks really amazing, doesn`t it? Cook this dessert and enjoy its perfect taste. Bon Appetite!