One of my friends recommended me to cook this easy salad with cheese and crackers. I couldn`t imagine the salad to be so tasty and light at the same time. Though the ingredients to do not seem to be a great combination, the salad itself tastes great.
· Rye bread – 1 loaf
· Green olives (without pits) – 2 cups
· Cheese – 1 and ½ cup
· Garlic – 2-3 cloves
· Black pepper – to taste
· Herbs and spices – to taste
· Olive oil – for dressing.
1. Cut rye bread into the stripes. Then cut each stripe into tiny cubes.
2. Preheat the oven up to 392 degrees. Cover the tray with baking paper and lubricate it with olive oil. Put all the bread pieces on the tray. Sprinkle them with olive oil and dust with pepper and your favourite spices and herbs.
3. Put your tray into the oven and bake crackers for 15-20 minutes.
4. You may also use frying pan instead of the tray. In this case you`ll only need to fry them together with olive oil and garlic for several minutes.
5. Cut canned olives into thin circles.
6. Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater.
7. In order to make this dish fragrant, you need to add garlic. Cut it into tiny cubes or mash.
8. Now you need to find a deep bowl. Put all ingredients into it.
9. Add homemade crackers, green olives and grated cheese. Use olive oil for dressing. Add garlic, black pepper and salt to taste.
10. Mix everything well and leave for one hour.
I also suggest to decorate this dish with chopped dill before serving. It makes this salad good-looking and fragrant. You may also use chicken fillet to make this dish more nutritious and tasty.
All in all this salad is rather unique. You may add any ingredients you like. Experiment with the ingredients used and tastes created.
Search for more recipes on our website. Enjoy your meal with Very Tasty and cook with love!