Quiche Lorraine is an open pie with salty stuffing. The recipe was created in France. It is easy to cook such a pie. You can experiment with this recipe, changing the stuffing. Use meat, sausages, vegetables and cheeses. Any combination of ingredients will taste great. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and meat-lovers.
Today I want to share with you one simple recipe. If you have meat leftovers, you may use them while cooking this dish. Use fresh meat or fried. If the meat is too old, frying will save it.
You may also add all your favourite vegetables or mushrooms. They may be boiled or fried. If you have some canned corn, beans or olives, you may use them while making this dish. If you want to make your pie healthier, add cauliflower or broccoli. Experiment with tastes, and find your perfect recipe of Quiche Lorraine.
· Flour – 2 cups
· Melted butter – ½ cup
· Egg – 1 piece
· Water – 3 tbsp.
· Salt – 1 pinch.
· Ham/smoked meat – 1 and 2/3 cup
· Sweet pepper – 1 piece
· Onion – 1 piece
· Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
· Salt – to taste.
· Egg – 2 pieces
· Cream (with 33% fat content) – 250 ml
· Hard cheese – 1 and ¼ cup
· Mozzarella – 1 and ¼ cup
· Salt, pepper, basil, oregano – to taste.
1. First, sift the flour through the sieve and put it into the bowl of the blender or into another deep bowl.
2. Add soft butter, egg, salt and water.
3. If you want the butter to melt faster, cut it into small cubes and leave for 30-60 minutes. If you`re in a hurry, put it into the microwave oven.
4. Meanwhile you may cook the stuffing. Peel onion and cut into thin half-circles.
5. Take sweet pepper and cut off the core, getting rid of seeds. Cut it into thin strips.
6. Add salt and fry vegetables for 8-10.
7. While veggies are being fried, cut meat into long strips.
8. Grate two types of cheese. Such a combination will make the taste of your pie richer. I recommend you to use cheeses with unusual tastes, It may be mozzarella, blue cheese, etc.
9. Mix grated cheeses with cream and eggs.
10. Add salt and spices. Mix everything using a whisk. You may use your favourite herbs, or buy a mixture of spices.
11. Flatten the dough. The circle should be bigger than the form.
12. Put it into the form, using rolling pin. Form small edges. You do not need to lubricate the form with butter, as the dough is rather fat.
13. Cover the dough with fried vegetables.
14. Put sliced meat on the top of it.
15. Pour everything with the mixture of eggs and cheeses.
16. Preheat the oven to 374 degrees and bake your pie for 25-30 minutes.
Leave it to cool down for 10-15 minutes. Now you may cut it into pieces and treat your close people with yummy French pastry. Bon Appetite!