Potato croquettes are small balls made of mashed potato and fried in the big amount of oil. They are soft and covered with crunchy crust. This dish is one of the most popular snacks.
As for the recipe, it`s rather simple. You do not need neither buy expensive and unusual ingredients, nor spend much time on cooking these crunchy balls.
· Potato – 2 and ¼ cups
· Salt – 1 tbsp.
· Ground pepper – 1 pinch
· Dill (fresh or dry)
· Spices – to taste
· Flour – ½ cup
· Egg – 1 piece
· Breadcrumbs – ½ cup
· Vegetable oil – 125 ml.
1. First, you need to boil potatoes. Wash them and cut into cubes. Add water and ½ tbsp of salt into the pan. If you like, you may add bay leaf. Boil potato for 25 minutes.
2. Strain the water. Mash potatoes.
3. Add salt, pepper, chopped dill and your favourite spices. Mix everything well and leave potato to cool down.
4. Take 3 bowls. Fill one of them with whipped egg, 2nd one with breadcrumbs and 3d one with flour.
5. Fill the pan with vegetable oil.
6. Form small potato balls.
7. Roll each one in flour, egg mass and breadcrumbs. Put all these balls into the pan.
8. Boil croquettes for a minute.
9. When they are golden and covered with crunchy crust, you may take these balls out of the pan.
Serve croquettes with your favourite sauce. I recommend you to try combination of these croquettes with cheese and garlic or Tartar sauce. Bon Appetite!