This recipe reminds of classical Peking duck. However, it`s much easier to cook small chicken legs than the whole duck.
• Chicken legs – 6 pieces
• Wine – for marinade
• Honey – 2 tbsp.
• Ginger juice – 1 tbsp.
• Sesame oil – 1 tbsp.
• Cayenne pepper – 1 tsp.
• Soy sauce and orange juice – 1 tbsp.
• Hoisin sauce – 2 tbsp.
1. Put chicken legs into the bowl together with skin. Pour boiled water on the top of poultry. Dry them and put into the bowl again, covering them with rice wine (you may use any other wine instead).
2. Salt poultry and put into the fridge for 3-4 hours. Then lubricate them with liquid honey and put into the fridge again. Leave them for 4-5 hours.
3. Prepare marinade for frying. Mix ginger juice, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, soy sauce and orange juice.
4. Preheat the oven to 356 – 378 degrees. Fill the tray with water and put grid, lubricated with oil on the top of it. Cover chicken legs with marinade and put them on the grid. Start baking poultry.
5. Cook chicken legs for 35-40 minutes. You need to take them out of the oven and lubricate with marinade every 8-10 minutes.
6. Cook stuffing for rice pancakes. Chop green onion and cut cucumbers into long thin strips. If cucumber`s skin is too thick, you need to get rid of it.
7. I prefer to add Hoisin sauce and Korean carrot into this dish. Slice chicken meat into long strips.
8. Wrap everything into rice paper. You may read instruction on the pack. Fill it with the stuffing and add yummy sauce.
You`re done! Eat it as snack or an appetizer. It tastes great in combination with red wine or cognac. Bon Appetite.