I want to share with you the recipe of onion chops with semolina. If you`re a vegetarian, this is a great alternative for you. They are tender and juicy, so you even won`t understand that something is wrong with this dish.
· Semolina – ½ cup
· Onion – 3 and 1/3 cup
· Tomato juice – 375 ml.
· Garlic – 3 cloves
· Eggs – 2 pieces
· Pepper, salt, turmeric – to taste
· Vegetable oil – for frying.
1. Chop onion. Put it into the deep bowl. Add semolina and 2 eggs. Grate garlic and add it into the bowl as well. Salt and pepper this mass.
2. We do not need to add the flour. Semolina will replace it. You may add turmeric as well, in order to make this dish more spicy and bright. Leave semolina for several minutes.
3. Preheat the frying pan, covered with the oil.
4. Wet your hands and form small chops. Fry them from both sides until they have golden crust. Do not cook them for too long.
5. When chops are ready, put them into the pan immediately. Pour tomato juice into the frying pan and preheat it. Then add it into the pan with chops. It`s important for the juice to be hot. All the ingredients should have one and the same temperature.
6. Cover the pan with the lid and stew chops for 15 minutes. By the way, you may replace tomato juice with tomato pasta or ketchup. Mix it with boiled water and use in the same way.
7. When the dish is almost ready, add bay leaf. It will make the dish more fragrant. That`s it!
This dish may be served with rice, buckwheat and mashed potato. They are tender and very delicious. You may also cook these chops with different fillings. One more thing is that you may replace semolina with the flour.
This recipe is very simple and cheap, so you may cook them all the year round. Use this recipe and try to surprise your close people with such an interesting dish. Bon Appetite!