Summer salads with fresh greens and vegetables are diverse and yummy. The easiest way to cook such a salad is to slice all the vegetables and sprinkle them with oil. Still, you may cook something more interesting and nutritious, adding more ingredients. Today we`ll try to create one unusual dish: Mediterranean-style salad with olives, feta and balsamic vinegar.
· Feta – 1 cup
· Cucumber – ½ piece
· Tomato – 1 piece
· Olives – 10-12 pieces
· Salad – ½ beam
· Dill – several sprigs
· Salt – to taste
· Balsamic vinegar.
1. Cut feta into cubes.
2. Choose fresh cucumber. It shouldn`t be bitter. Cut it into half-circles.
3. Take ripe tomato. It shouldn`t be too soft. Cut it into thin slices. If you cut it into cubes, there will be liquid in the bowl.
4. Wash salad leaves very well. Dry them. I suggest you to use small fresh leaves. They are sweeter. Cover the table with the thin layer of leaves.
5. Put slices of cucumber on the top of it. Now it`s time to add olives. They may be sold with pits or without them. Some people say that these seeds are good for our organism. Still, it is not very comfortable to eat salad with such olives.
6. Add olives and tomatoes into the plate.
7. Wash dill and chop it.
8. Roll cubes of feta in this green mass.
9. Add them into the plate.
10. Some people add salt, but it is not necessary. Feta is salty and yummy, so do not add unnecessary ingredients. As for the dressing, I prefer to use balsamic vinegar. Pour it on the top of these ingredients and serve this dish.
Feta gives this salad an unusual taste. Do not try to replace it with hard or melted cheeses. The only variant is to use brynza, as it is salty as well. The taste of this dish is amazing and bright. What is more, you do not need to buy unusual and expensive ingredients. Cook it and make sure that it is very tasty!