Light Vegan Soup with Watercress and Asparagus
Delicious green soup with cashew cream is very tasty and fresh. Such a dish is rich in protein and vitamins. So it`s not only yummy, but tasty as well.
Total calories in the prepared dish
- Preheat vegetable oil in the large pan. Add fresh asparagus and chopped onion and celery. Cook everything over low heat for 12-13 minutes.
- Mince garlic and add it to the pan as well. Sauté it for a minute.
- Now pour in vegetable broth. Add bay leaves and bring the liquid to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer your soup for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and add frozen peas. Cook everything for additional 5 minutes.
- To make cream soup pour all the ingredients into the bowl of the food processor. Blend everything carefully.
- Now cook cashew cream. It is very easy to make. Transfer all the cashews to the bowl with water. Leave them overnight.
- Blend soft cashews and use. Store the leftovers of the cream for 3-7 days in the fridge.
- Serve soup in the deep bowls, topped with cashew cream and chopped herbs. It is very tasty and refreshing.
If there are the leftovers of the soup, you can easily store them in the fridge for several days. Keep in mind that it tastes great even when it`s served cold!