Lemon Coconut Cake
Cook this lemon dessert and you`ll get a lot of compliments! It is very tasty.
Total calories in the prepared dish
- First, cook the sponge cake. Whip 5 whites with 0.3 cup of sugar and lemon juice.
- Whip yolks left with 0.3 cup of sugar as well. Add lemon zest.
- Add 0.75 cup of coconut shaving into the bowl with the dough.
- Sift the flour through the sieve. Add 1/3 of whipped whites. Mix everything carefully.
- Slowly add the rest of the whites.
- Preheat the oven to 356 F. Cover the form with baking paper. Fill it with the baking paper.
- Bake the dough for 40-45 minutes.
- When everything is ready, cut this layer in three.
- Cook tender lemon cream. Mix curd, made of lemon juice, zest, 0.75 of sugar, cream and gelatin. First, boil lemon juice with zest and sugar.
- Whip eggs and pour them into the pan as well.
- Boil for 5 more minutes and take the pan off the fire. Pour this mass into the bowl and cover it with the plastic wrap.
- You also need to cook cream for decoration the top and the edges of the cake. Whip 0.75 cup of cream with 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Mix gelatin with cold water and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Mix 0.25 of sugar with the same amount of water, liquor.
- Heat 0.25 cup of cream and mix it with gelatin. Whip everything, using mixer; add the rest of cream.
- Cover the dough with syrup and lemon cream. Decorate top and the edges of the cake with tender white cream.
- You may also dust the cake with the coconut shaving.
Enjoy this gorgeous dessert. Bon Appetite!