Honey Foreshank in The Oven
This recipe for yummy pork is great for a big company. It should be cooked on the vegetable pillow and served with sour cabbage, rice or potato. You`ll love this traditional German dish!
Total calories in the prepared dish
- First, you need to wash pork and wipe it using a paper towel.
- Cut carrot into thick slices.
- Peel onion and cut it into half-rings.
- Put onion and carrot on the bottom of the tray.
- Peel garlic and cut each clove into halves. This ingredient will make your dish more fragrant.
- Cut meat in several places and fill these holes with the slices of garlic. Put meat on the vegetable pillow and add spices.
- Melt honey on the water bath or in the microwave oven. Add soy sauce, mustard and mix everything well.
- Cover the foreshank with this sweet liquid. Then you need to cover everything with the tinfoil and cook pork in the oven, preheated to 356 F.
- Each 30 minutes you need to cover meat with the oil and this sweet sauce.
- Cook pork for 2 hours. When there are ten minutes left, open the door of the oven and get rid of the tinfoil. In this case, there will be nice crunchy crust on the top of the pork.
That`s it! Bon Appetite!