All kids like Barney cakes. Mine is not an exception, so I used to buy him this biscuits in the supermarket. However, I always wanted to replace them with a homemade pastry to control the quality and the composition of food. Finally, I managed to find the best cupcake mix and learned to cook yummy pastry. Today I want to share my idea with the readers of our website. You may follow my recipe, or change the filling of sweet cakes. Personally I used sweetened condensed milk, as my son likes it. Now I know that the recipe is easy and I can cook cheap cupcakes for a big company without wasting much time. What is more, you do not need much supplies and ingredients for cooking sweet barney cakes. So, let`s get down to work.
· Flour – 1,5 cup
· Eggs – 3 pieces
· Sugar – ½ cup
· Vanilla – 1 tsp.
· Baking powder – 1 tsp.
· Sweetened condensed milk – 1/3 cup (you may use jam, mashed fruits or berries instead)
· Silicone form (for 12 cakes).
1. Mix 3 eggs with sugar and whip everything well. It will take 10 minutes. Keep in mind that all the eggs shouldn`t be cold, so you need to take them out of the fridge beforehand.
2. Melt butter on the water bath. You may use microwave oven instead. Cut butter into cubes and keep it in the microwave oven for 30 seconds. It will be enough, as the butter shouldn`t boil. There also shouldn`t be any lumps. Otherwise you won`t manage to bake soft sponge cake.
3. Add butter into the bowl with eggs and use mixer to whip this mass. Then leave it for several minutes.
4. Mix dry ingredients in another bowl. Sift the flour through the sieve; add one teaspoon of baking powder and one more teaspoon of vanilla. Mix everything with the spoon.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients into the bowl and mix this mass until smooth.
6. Fill silicone forms with this dough. Be careful: only 1/3 of the form should be filled at this stage. Now add 1 teaspoon of the sweetened condensed milk into each form. Cover it with one more spoon of the dough.
7. Preheat the oven and bake your cakes at 356 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Then take these cakes out of the oven and leave them to cool down.
That`s it. You may try your dessert! Kids will like homemade cakes more than those, you used to buy. Cook pastry together with me, as all my recipes are tested and liked by all the members of my family. And of course read another recipes on Very Tasty and look for new ideas for your collection of favourites.