Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and chicken is very popular in Europe. It has nothing in common with Hawaii. It`s named in honour of sunny place `cause of the bright stuffing.
Main ingredients of this dish are boiled chicken, pineapple and cheese. Sometimes cooks add ham or bacon. This is the way to make taste of the dish brighter. Let`s look at the classical recipe of such a pizza.
For the dough:
· Dry baking yeast – 1 tsp.
· Flour – 1 and 2/3 cup
· Water – 130 ml.
· Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
· Sugar – ½ tsp.
· Salt – to taste.
For the stuffing:
· Canned pineapple – ½ cup
· Chicken fillet – 1 cup
· Ham – ½ -1/3 cup
· Cheese – 1 cup
· Oregano – ½ tsp.
· Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp.
1. Fill deep bowl with 2/3 of the flour. Add salt and dry baking yeast. Mix everything well.
2. Add boiled water. It shouldn`t be hot.
3. Mix the dough. Then add olive oil.
4. Slowly add the rest of the flour. Your dough shouldn`t be sticky.
5. Put the dough into the warm place for 1-1,5 hour. It will grow in size.
6. Roll the dough. It shouldn`t be thicker than 0,1 inch.
7. Cover the tray with baking paper or dust it with the flour. Put pizza dough on this tray and lubricate it with tomato sauce. Dust it with oregano.
8. Separate chicken fillets into fibres. Cover the dough with this poultry.
9. If you want to change the taste of this dish, add sliced ham. Still you may cook Hawaiian pizza without it.
10. Place pineapple cubes on the surface of the pizza.
11. Cover it with grated cheese.
12. Preheat the oven to 428 degrees. Bake pizza for 20 minutes.
Leave this dish to cool down. Enjoy this exotic dish! Bon Appetite!