Greek Stewed Meat Stifado
Stifado is a traditional Greek dish, made of beef and onion. It`s usually served with pasta or rice.
Total calories in the prepared dish
- Cut beef into big pieces.
- Peel onions. Chop garlic.
- Heat oil in the frying pan. Cook beef in the open pan for the meat not to be stewed.
- Take meat off the fire and add start frying onions with garlic.
- In 2-3 minutes add tomato paste.
- Mix everything. In 2 minutes, add 0.5 glass of water, vinegar and cognac. Mix all the ingredients one more time.
- Stew everything for 3-4 minutes. Add meat into the pan again.
- Cut tomato into tiny cubes.
- Add this vegetable into the pan as well. Now it`s time to add spices (pepper and bay leaf).
- Pour wine and cover the pan with the lid.
- In 10 minutes get rid of the lid and cook your meat for several more minutes for the dish to become thicker.
Now your Greek meat is ready. It is very tasty and fragrant.