Here is an interesting recipe of salty pastry. Muffins with green onion can be great snack.
· Butter – 1/3 cup
· Salt – 2 pinches
· Eggs – 4 pieces
· Flour – 1 and ¾ cups
· Baking powder – 1 pack
· Yoghurt – 150 ml
· Green onion – ½ beam (4-5 sprigs)
· Hard cheese – 2 cups.
1. Prepare cheese and onion. Wash green onion and dry. Chop it. Cut ¾ of cheese into small cubes and grate the rest of it.
2. Preheat the oven to 356 degrees. Meanwhile you may cook the dough. Whip butter with salt. Add eggs one by one and mix all the ingredients well.
3. Sift the flour through the sieve and mix it with baking powder. Slowly pour yoghurt into the bowl. The dough should be smooth. It may seem to be too liquid, however it`s okay.
4. Add chopped onion and cubes of cheese into the bowl. Mix all these ingredients.
5. Fill forms with the dough. 2/3 of each form should be filled with this mass. Bake muffins for 25 minutes.
6. When they are ready, leave them for 5 minutes and take pastry out of the forms. Put muffins on the grid and leave to cool down.
7. You may decorate these muffins with chopped onion or greens.
These muffins are tender, fragrant and very soft. All your friends will eat them with pleasure! They taste great with milk, juice or yoghurt. Eat them as a snack, breakfast of even dinner. By the way, you may replace onion with parsley or dill. Muffins will still be very tasty!