Cauliflower puree is also famous as fake mashed potato. It`s difficult to understand that cauliflower is used instead of potato. Still, they have different taste and fragrant. One more thing is that cauliflower puree is low in calories unlike potato dish. It`s also more tender and soft. If you need light garnish to eat with something fat, fried or made of meat, cook this vegetable puree.
First, you need to prepare all the ingredients. Cut cauliflower and put it into the strainer. Wash it well and put into the bowl. Pour water on the top of it. Add 1 tsp of salt. Leave it for 15 minutes for the vegetable to be clean and there were no toxins or even bugs.
Then you need to wash cauliflower one more time. Put it into the pan and add 1 l. of water and put it on the cooker. When the water boils, add salt to taste and boil cauliflower for 12-15 minutes until it`s soft.
Do not waste your time. While cauliflower is being cooked, prepare the rest of ingredients. Take milk and butter out of the fridge. Unpack butter and cut it into pieces. Warm both ingredients.
As soon as cauliflower is ready, Put it into the strainer and leave for several minutes in the sink in order to get rid of extra water.
Put it into the bowl of the blender. Add 4 tablespoons of liquid, milk and melted butter. Mash all these ingredients until there is tender puree without any lumps. Add more salt if you like. Mix everything well again and serve it.
It should be served hot. It may be eaten as a main meal or garnish. Decorate each portion with chopped cilantro, dill, parsley, basil and thyme. You may eat this yummy dish with baked, fried or stewed meat, pork rolls, beef chops of even simple vegetable salads or marinated vegetables.
Cook this simple and yummy dish and enjoy your meal!
· If you want your dish to be smooth, use hand blender for mashing it.
· For the dish to have creamy flavor, use cream cheese, for example, Philadelphia. Mix it with the rest of ingredients, using blender.
· It`s recommended to use pasteurized milk while cooking this dish. If it`s fresh, boil it before adding into the bowl.
· Some foodies prefer to add spices. Turmeric may change the colour of the dish and sweet-scented pepper will make it fragrant.
· One more way to make puree fragrant is to boil cauliflower in the pan with meat broth instead of water.
Hope you`ll like the taste of this healthy dish! Bon Appetite!