Cooking croissants isn`t an easy task, as you need to make perfect puff pastry. Still, if you follow our instructions, you`ll cope with this task without any problems.
· Flour – 2 ½ cups
· Butter – 2/3 cup
· Milk – 120 ml.
· Sugar – ¼ cup
· Fresh yeast – 2 tbsp.
· Salt – 1 pinch.
1. Mix the dough. Heat milk. It should be warm, not hot. Add fresh yeast and sugar. Leave this mixture in the warm place.
2. Sift the flour through the sieve and mix it with salt and cold butter. Use knife or blender to turn this mass into crumbs.
3. Mix all the ingredients in one bowl. Try not to use your hands for the pieces of butter not to melt.
4. When the dough is ready, cover it with plastic wrap and put it into the fridge for half an hour.
5. Now you need to roll the dough. This is one of the most difficult moments. Form a big square.
6. Fold it in half.
7. Then do it again. You may see the way it should be done in the picture.
8. Roll the dough again. Repeat the process for 3 times. In such a way, you`ll make smooth puff pastry. Now you need to cover your dough with plastic wrap again and put it into the fridge.
9. In the morning, you may roll it again and divide the dough into 8 triangles.
10. Form rolls and put your would-be-croissants into the tray. Lubricate them with the yolk (you may mix it with milk). Bake it at 428 degrees for 8 minutes. Then continue baking at 356 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
These croissants will be soft and crunchy. If you like, you may use jam or chocolate as a stuffing.