Lamb shank is an exquisite Eastern dish, you may easily cook at home. This part of the lamb is very lean. That`s why you may buy it when you`re only planning to check whether you like lamb or not. It`s very attractive, fragrant and yummy.
Making slow cooked lamb is rather easy.
· To begin with, choose tender and qualitative meat. It should be light and there shouldn`t be the leftovers of the yellow fat. If the meat has dark color, you may use it only for making mincemeat.
· Before you start cooking the lamb shank wash it carefully with the hot water. And don`t forget to get rid of the extra fat.
· For the meat to be juicy, use the tinfoil.
· You may choose various types of spices and herbs. If you like, add fresh garnish or baked vegetables.
· When you`re done, do not be in a hurry. Leave the shank for 20 minutes. In this case the dish will become more tender.
· You can cut the meat meat - very good recipes with meat learn more...into thin slices before serving it.
Now when you know all how to cook lamb shanks, let`s get down to marinade. It`s very important to choose the right combination of the ingredients. There are several time-tested variants. Lamb tastes better when you cook it with the mustard, paprika, ginger, lemon juice, thyme and oregano. For rubbing the meat you may use dry herbs.
Here are several interesting recipes for marinades.
· Mix thyme with the olive oil, rosemary, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro and onion. Mash all these ingredients, using a powerful blender. Leave the meat in this marinade for 5-12 minutes.
· Mix a cup of the vegetable oil with the lemon juice, parsley and bay leaves. Add slices of carrot and chopped onion. Pour 200 ml of the white wine. Mix everything carefully.
· Cut 2 onions into thin circles. Add 5 chopped cloves of garlic. Pour olive oil, add 3 tbsp of the vinegar. Add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Put the lamb into the bowl with this marinade for 12 hours.
· Add 500 ml of the water into the bowl with the sugar. Add 2 cloves of the chopped garlic. Cut lemon into slices. Add them into the bowl together with the fresh herbs and salt. Boil everything for 20 minutes and put the lamb shank into this liquid for 6 6 hours.
· Add 2 chopped onions, parsley, cilantro and basil into the bowl with the lean yoghurt. Mix meat with this fragrant mass and leave lamb into the bowl with the marinade for 10 hours.
· Mix 250 ml of the yoghurt with 2 cloves of garlic. Add 2 tsp of the mint leaves, red pepper and paprika. Put the shank into the bowl and leave meat for 12 hours.
And now let`s look at the our recipe.
Your dish is ready and you may serve it with any garnish you like!