Delicious baked chestnuts are very popular before Thanksgiving. However, you can cook then any time you like, using as a side dish or a dessert dessert - desc learn more....
It`s very important to choose high-quality chestnuts. Here are several advices for you:
- Fresh chestnuts should be shiny and glossy.
- At the same time, they should be firm.
- Each nut should feel heavy.
It`s also important to use only fresh chestnuts. If you want to get the best result, use your fresh chestnuts in 2-3 days. If you wait for too long, check whether some of the nuts were spoiled.
Total calories in the prepared dish
- Though you need only two ingredients for cooking this dish, the dish will still be very tasty. To begin with, you`ll need to prepare chestnuts and the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cut each nut lengthwise carefully.
- Transfer all of them t the bowl with cold water. Heat it on the water bath. In several minutes remove all the chestnuts to the tray.
- Bake your chestnuts carefully fir 15 minutes until each one is opened.
When you`re one, remove the tray with chestnuts out of the oven and leave them to cool down.
Now you can serve baked chestnuts. They may be a perfect dessert or a side dish. Combine this simple ingredient with your favorite meals or eat as a yummy snack! Bon Appetit!